A look at the Baja
Pictured Above: BRE Z Race Ready At The Baja 500 1972.
Photo Courtesy Of: Peter Brock
The Baja Z was driven by Peter Brock with co-driver Lee Midgley in the Baja 500, and later driven by Fritz Warren with co-driver Don Richards in the Mexican 1000.
Sept. 1972 - Delivered To Peter Brock at BRE Racing and Prepared For Baja 500 and 1000 duty.
- - - Painted In BRE Livery - Red Top, White Sides & Simonize Yellow Nose and Side Strips
- - - Roll Bar
- - - Front Skid Plate
- - - Rear Diff. Skid Plate
- - - Race Prepared L24
- - - Nissan Competition Radiator
- - - Full Factory Coil-over Rally Suspension Package
- - - Nissan Comp. FIA 4-Piston Front Calip. with Ventilated Rotors
- - - 26 Gallon Fuel Cell, Center Mounted on rear deck, with filler thru passanger side quarter window
- - - Nissan Plexi-glass Quarter and Rear Deck Windows
- - - Modified Quick Release Hood with cut-out for Front Mounted Driving Lights
- - - Bodyside Jack Stand Supports Installed
- - - Front Shock Tower Brace - with modified valve cover
- - - Nissan Competition 5spd. and 4.88 : 1 rear gear
- - - Aircraft Double Pole Circuit Breakers for all electrical
- - - Magnesium American Racing Wheels & Bridgestone All Terrain Tires
- - - BRE Racing Seats & Simpson Racing 5-point harness
- - - CIBIE Big Oscar Off-Road Lighting & Lucas Roof Mounted Spot Light
1975 - Sold to Kenneth E. Logan D.D.S. - L.A., Calif.. Driven for a couple years then stored away.
1998 - Sold to Michael W. Pretzer. Michael decides to continue his education and sells to Carl Beck.
1999 - Purchased by Carl Beck - who will restore it to original "BRE Racing Trim"
2007 - Restoration to "As Raced" condition completed
2009 - 1st Datsun 240-Z Invited To Amelia Island Concours, Amelia Island, FL